- December 5, 2012The new Winter Dinner Menu has arrived at Cassis Bistro.
Brome Lake Duck Breast Roti, Seared Ling Cod, Alberta Bison Bourguignon, and more.
- November 22, 2012The perennially popular Calgary Food Blogger Bake Sale returns to Casel Marché on December 8th for a special holiday edition. Proceeds benefitting Calgary Meals on Wheels. Help us raise $2,500!
- November 22, 2012You've shopped with us, attended events here at Casel Marché and maybe you've even helped us support the local Calgary community by participating in one of the fundraisers our Casel Marché community of businesses has hosted.
We'd like to say thank you.
- October 30, 2012You do not want to miss this rare sale day at J. Webb Wine Merchant!
- October 10, 2012Join us at Casel Marché on November 15 for our second year hosting the Bicycles For Humanity (Calgary Chapter) annual fundraiser, Wine and Wheels.
- September 26, 2012Uncover the gems of Calgary's vibrant (and delicious!) culinary scene by entering the city's 1st Annual Culinary Treasure Hunt on Saturday, October 13. This one-day urban adventure race with a foodie twist, produced by Culinary Calgary, will take you to the city's coolest culinary destinations and ensure you see your city from a totally fresh perspective by the end of the day.
Contestants compete in teams of two people for the title of Calgary's Culinary Cowboy/Cowgirl, in addition to a chance to win some great prizes.
- September 14, 2012Our quest for the best of the best wines often leads us to strange places with strange practices and people with a passion that borders on zealotry. While winemaker Jeffrey Patterson seems like a button-down collar kind of guy, he's actually a bit of a wild man!
- September 11, 2012We're very excited here at Casel Marché to have our Calgary Home + Design Show debut this month. Market 17, Vie Café, Cassis Bistro and J. Webb Wine Merchant can be found on the Trail Appliances Cooking Stage on Thursday, September 20 and Saturday, September 22.
- September 11, 2012The Loire Valley is referred to as "the garden of France" due to the abundance of vineyards, fruit orchards and vegetable fields that line the banks of the river. Join J. Webb Wine Merchant for an interactive evening exploring Loire cuisine and wine with Thierry Meret of Cuisine et Chateau at his new culinary centre in Kensington.
- September 6, 2012REAP's 3rd annual Food For Thought event is a harvest celebration that brings together all of the participants in a sustainable local food system: consumers, producers, retailers and chefs. It's designed to raise awareness for sustainably produced food and encourage Calgarians to make more informed daily choices for greater enjoyment and improved health.
As brand new REAP members, the Casel Marché community will be joining this year's festivities!
- Culinaire Magazine & Casel Marché present the One-Pot Turkey Leftovers Recipe Contest! Enter by September 30!August 29, 2012Casel Marché and Culinaire Magazine have teamed up for a one-pot recipe contest. Three finalists will participate in a cook-off at the October 15 Interactive Monday dinner series event here at Casel Marché.
- August 27, 2012J. Webb’s newest (and definitely spiciest!) event will ignite your tastebuds and transport you to the culinary corners of India. They’ve teamed up with Calgary’s Shef’s Fiery Kitchen to create an exotic exploration of delicious Indian cuisine alongside wine, beer and other exciting beverages.
- August 27, 2012You already prefer to buy your groceries from a farmer, so why not apply the same principle to your wine?
September's Farmer Fizz is one of J. Webb's most popular annual tastings. This celebration of the small artisan producers of Champagne, not the corporate giants, is not to be missed!
- July 3, 2012Bastille Day at Casel Marché: French food, French wine, French music and French flare!
Join us in celebrating France's biggest party of the year, right here in Calgary.
- June 28, 2012The summer menu at Cassis Bistro is fresh, quintessentially French and waiting for you. Join us soon on a warm summer night and enjoy the seasonal flavours of the South of France.
- June 27, 2012Now that summer has finally arrived in Calgary it's time to consider the wine and beer that will accompany you through backyard BBQs, family visits and scorching summer nights.
- June 13, 2012What does Calgary have that France can only dream about?
The Casel Marché Pre-Tour de France!
Join us at Casel Marché June 25 as we host a culinary excursion inspired by the 99th Tour de France, which takes place June 30 to July 22.
Monday, June 25
6:00 to 8 p.m.
The car2go car-sharing program that has exploded in major cities around the world is coming to Calgary and you can test drive a car2go Smart Car on site between 6 and 8 p.m. along the 24th Street side of the Casel building.
- June 12, 2012Casel Marché is excited to host the inaugural Summer Social Fundraiser for Start From Scratch! This great local organization teaches post-secondary students how to cook great meals from scratch on a budget - no Kraft Dinner allowed!
Tickets are only $50 for this June 21 fundraiser, featuring 6 local chefs (including Cassis Bistro's Dominique Moussu) paired with 6 local food bloggers to bring you delicious cocktails and scrumptious food.
- June 12, 2012This Saturday, June 16, celebrate women in the wine business. This evening event is ladies only - sorry boys!
Let your hair down, have fun and celebrate wine made by women. In keeping with the event's theme, food will be provided by two local women-run businesses: Janice Beaton Fine Cheese and Red Tree Catering.
- May 22, 2012Calgary's newest food festival - Celebrating local food, small business and real communities.
- April 5, 2012New Spring Menu starts tonight! Featuring B.C Fiddleheads, SunWorks Farm Chicken & Chicken liver, Wild Halibut, Asparagus flan....
- March 24, 2012Easter Wines
Check out our selection of wines to perfectly pair with your Easter feast. Whether
you choose ham, turkey, rabbit or fish for the main, these wines won’t steal the
show but rather compliment your hard work. We will have these open at the tasting bar Easter weekend. Come and taste!
Exciting tasting events!
- Service and Wine at Home with Greg
- Exploring Portugal
- La Fete de Bourgogne
- March 24, 2012Hungry for Change, the sequel to the popular documentary Food Matters, continues the story about how you can create vibrant health, abundant energy, and achieve your ideal body weight without dieting. Hungryforchange.tv is offering this full and FREE preview for a limited time!
"This inspiring film has the power to transform your health!" - Anthony Robbins, World Renowned Peak Performance Expert.
- March 16, 2012Cassis Bistro won for the categories of Best New and Best of the 'Burbs S.W. in the 2012 Avenue Best Restaurants Awards.
Cassis Bistro was named Best New and Best of the 'Burbs S.W. in the 2012 Avenue Best Restaurants Awards.
A new arrival to the burbs, Cassis brings classic and simple French food — with an emphasis on local and seasonal ingredients — from southeastern France to the southwest of Calgary. This charming wee bistro, with just a few dozen seats, is tucked in next to the Casel Marché market, giving it access to fresh, local and organic meats and produce for its ever-changing menu.
Find French standards like steak frites and duck confit, along with other dishes that reflect the bistro’s passion for simple and classic food. Restaurateur Gilles Brassart, L’Epicerie owner Dominique Moussu shares his passion and love of his native cuisine, offering up traditional fare like escargots and charcuterie that taste like you’ve left the city — without the hassle of airport security.
Click here for more in information on Cassis Bistro.
- February 14, 2012J Webb Wine
Looking for that sure thing wine? Join us the weekend of February 10th and try some of our features open at the tasting bar:
Heartland Pinot Grigio-Australia $18.95-Light, fresh and full of citrus. Great as an aperitif while cooking dinner or to share over a charcuterie plate.
Marietta Angeli Cuvee-California $37.95-a big, juicy, delicious blend of zinfandel, petite sirah and carignane. Great with steak, chocolate or a fireplace.
Rolet Rose brut-France $21.95-Bubbles make people happy. A great way to start or end an evening or even for Valentines Day breakfast! The Rolet is dry, delicate and smells like a basket of fresh strawberries. One of our favourites in the shop!
Is your passion for chocolate? We’ve got every bar of our luxurious “Wild Sweets” chocolate on sale. Richmond, BC Chocolatier DC Duby concocts the most thrilling flavours, “...the blending of the exotic and the familiar, the element of surprise with a sense of comfort.” On sale $3.99 each or three bars for $11. (regular $5.39). Try this bar on for size, for example: “Malted Milk Gianduja with fenugreek-smoked caramelized walnuts”. Dang.
- February 10, 2012
FINALLY! The Calgary Food Blogger Bake Sale is BACK! This time, we're donating all proceeds to another great food charity - Brown Bagging for Calgary's Kids Society! (www.brownbaggingit.org)
Come down to Casel Marché Saturday and Sunday, February 11-12 from 10 AM-5:30 PM for some sweet treats!
|< Previous||Next >|